October 18, 2007

Sports News

Today the Yankees offered Joe Torre a one-year deal for a guaranteed $5,000,000. For those of you who didn't want to read all the zeros, that is five million dollars. Now, I like Joe Torre, and I think he's a good manager and that the Yankees should try to re-sign him. But no baseball manager is worth five million dollars a year.

Just as a reference point, Jake Peavy made less than five million in 2007. He was directly responsible for 19 of his team's wins. Torre, through his leadership and experience and tactical moves would be worth about 4.3 wins (pulled that number off the top of my head, but it seems accurate).


Manny Ramirez doesn't care if the Red Sox advance past the ALCS. I guess we have something in common after all.

"Oh well" says the world. "It's just Manny being Manny a huge freaking idiot."


The Chargers got Chris Chambers from the Dolphins. Much to the dismay of Chargers fans, this doesn't make Philip Rivers any less overrated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Torre made $7.5 million in 2007

Anonymous said...

You can be the richest person in the world and still be morally bankrupt.

Anonymous said...

Keenan, I've filed a missing persons report on your behalf. God bless your soul wherever you are. WE WILL FIND YOU!