July 08, 2007

Bonsai Trees


Bonsai Trees, originally uploaded by KSWeatherford.

I took this while photowalking in Capitola Village. When I saw the tree my first impression was that it wouldn't make a good photo. Even though it was an interesting subject, I thought that the way to make it an interesting picture would be to get up to the tree level, which was impossible. I tried several different compositions and decided on this one; it's kind of an abstract shot and it is impossible to tell the point of view (eye level) from which I shot the tree. Moral of the story: if there's an interesting subject, take lots of shots and keep trying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My pictures of these trees didn't turn out so great.

Keenan said...

You should post more stuff to Flickr dude. The anticipation of seeing what you got that day is killing me.