March 13, 2007

Carry a Notepad

Sometimes my "river of ideas" of what I should write about just runs dry. Tonight is one of those times. It's not that I don't have ideas, it's just that I don't really feel like writing about them right now.

I think that I had about 30 really good ideas this weekend while I was baking in Phoenix. But I stupidly left my trusty Walgreens-brand notepad at home and had nothing to write them down on. So I promptly forgot all my genius life-changing ideas.

The moral of this post is: Always carry a notepad (or anything to write on) and a pen with you. It's incredibly useful in so many ways. I use mine to write down blog ideas, peoples' phone numbers/email addresses, assignments, and other to-dos.

You can also leave little notes around. Just today I parked sort of in a "No parking" zone at school. I left a little note under my windshield wiper (where a parking ticket would go) informing a potential ticket-giver that it was the only spot left and imploring him or her to please refrain from give me a ticket.

I don't know if anyone saw it, but I didn't get a ticket so I'm going to chalk that one up as a success.

Carry a notepad. Life is better when you do.

-Keenan

No comments: