I had a big sports-following day today. First, Tim Kawakami posted a thorough trouncing of the Giants on his Talking Points blog (which I really enjoy even if the anti-Giants sentiment gets a little repetitive). After their 1-6 start and Barry Zito looking like a chump, I was just surprised Kawakami didn't tear them apart earlier.
That being said, the Giants are currently stomping the Padres to a 6-2 score. Embarassing.
Also, JetBlue has in-flight TV, and it resulted in me watching about 3.5-4 hours of ESPN today. I can summarize what they said in one sentence:
Pacman Jones, Don Imus, and Brad Lidge all suck.
There. That's all they needed to say. They didn't need to replay a Pardon the Interruption clip talking about Pacman's future 4 or 5 times. And they sure didn't need to show the Rutgers team captain's speech more than once; she was nice and wrote a good speech, but boy did she have stage fright. I thought that I might have died when I saw Don Imus' grim reaper visage staring back at me for most of the flight.
All the crappy middle-of-the-day ESPN aside, it was a good trip. I didn't get any pictures. I wanted to take a few in-airport shots (mainly of the travelers in the Boston airport; they take their Red Sox gear seriously), but didn't want to risk aggravating any security officials. And I tried a long-exposure of the freeway near the hotel but lack of a tripod/steady hands made it look like kind of a disaster.
Hopefully I'll get some shots of Tufts and/or Ithaca tomorrow.
-Keenan
April 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Why does a west coast fellow like yourself have such an interest in East Coast colleges? A post on your college selections choices would be most entertaining.
By the way, your use of the colon irritates me.
I'm dreadfully sorry. How would you phrase it?
Colons are simply too powerful to use casually. The colon in the middle of your post jars the reader and breaks the natural flow of the post. I want to be able to roll my eyes down the post without a colon demanding me to stop and take notice where notice is not due. I recommend maintaining the flow of your post rather than creating 'powerful' points.
Post a Comment