April 01, 2007

Opening Day

It's that time of year again: the time of year when sports that I can stand to watch finally return to television. The MLB regular season started today and the Mets, one of the pre-season favorites for NL champs, defeated the Cardinals 6-1.

I'm so glad it's baseball season again. After the NFL season ended I was resigned to watching the occasional tennis match and/or college basketball game to get my TV sports fix. It was very unsatisfying.

Today I turned on the TV to watch the last game of the Battle of the Bay (Giants at A's exhibition series) and I saw Barry Bonds hit two home runs in the first three innings. As much as I'm undecided about Bonds and his accomplishments, it was a nice sign that everything is as it should be: the weather is getting nicer, Bonds is smacking home runs, and I can wear shorts and flip-flops around again.

On another note, I didn't play a single April Fools' joke on anyone today. I was pretty bummed. Did anyone pull/receive a particularly good April Fool?

-Keenan

No comments: