Yesterday when I was toting my camera around wondering what to take pictures of, I had a brilliant idea. This could be the kind of brilliant idea that seems embarrassing in 2 months, or the kind of brilliant idea that other people think is actually really cool. There's only one way to find out...
So without further ado, I would like to launch the "Commode Project." I will attempt to take a picture of every restroom I enter. I'll also write a little blurb about the venue to which the bathroom belongs and why I was there. I expect that many of the pictures will be cameraphone quality, but hopefully I'll get a few nice DSLR urinal shots. I'm going to geo-tag all of the Commode Project pictures so I can see where I've...been.
This picture was taken at the Aptos Cinemas where I was lucky enough to see "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" (which I thought was awesome by the way.) Aptos Cinema used to be a mainstream movie theater but it didn't make enough money. It closed for a month then re-opened as an arthouse movie theater and I'm pretty sure it makes less money now. Showing "Pirates" seems like a last-ditch effort to get some revenue, but the theater wasn't crowded at all. I really hope it stays open, but I don't see how it can.
-Keenan
June 02, 2007
The Beginning of the Commode Project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I think your surfer fetish was a lot healthier than this one.
This might get ugly. You should take all the pictures from a standard position like the door way.
this is going to be funny
-ian
Post a Comment