I took this shot at a pub that my friends and I play pool at sometimes. I shot it with a Sigma 28mm f/1.8 lens which allowed the nice, shallow depth of field (certain things are in focus, but lots are pleasantly blurry).
This shot is a testament to one of the advantages of shooting digital: nearly unlimited shots. There is no hassle of buying/changing rolls of film and of developing shots. This shot, which I think turned out pretty nicely, was not premeditated or planned out, somewhat to my chagrin. I was just wildly snapping away, and I came out with an interesting photo.
June 25, 2007
Playin Some Billiards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
i love the softness of the background, especially the light coming in through the window. great composition as well, give yourself *some* credit for the photo!
That arm looks very similar to my own. Perhaps I've revealed too much...
@Tyler: Thanks for the feedback! I guess I can convince myself to take some credit :)
@mrjammin: While that was a very tempting hint to believe, I'm pretty sure that isn't your arm since the owner of that arm was sitting at a baseball game with me when the comment was posted. Also I think the owner of that arm can't spell nearly as well as you've proven yourself able to.
Post a Comment