This is a somewhat cheesy shot that I took at Catalina when I was camping with my friends. Regardless of the "cliche factor," everyone I've shown this picture to has absolutely loved it, which is kind of an important mini-lesson: Even (actually especially) if you think it's the cheesiest thing in the world, parents and friends will adore it.
It's not a breathtaking picture, but it's one that I had planned out ahead of time and executed well. I was going for the backlit silhouette effect so I didn't use any fill flash. I wanted the silhouettes to be free of detail, but for them to be distinguishable to people who know us. I also cropped it with 16x9 constraints rather than the typical 4x6, so it's a little different in that regard.
It's a nice counterpoint to my last picture because this is one that I'd planned ahead of time and carried out whereas the last one was more of an impromptu grab shot that turned out well.
June 26, 2007
Pals
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
it's good. the large size is even better.
It's interesting how the right most person has distanced himself from the rest of the pack. Furthermore, his image is perfectly in line with the reflection of the sun and his stance is unwavering; unlike his peers, who seem to cower in his presence. I have to hypothesize that this individual is a prophet of sorts. The four, they are his apostles who spread his word. But of course, that's just my interpretation.
mrjammin's comment made my life
thomas IS a prophet. you guys should cower from him.
-ian
Post a Comment