I went to the Watsonville air show yesterday. It was pretty lackluster. If I hadn't gotten in free with a friend, I don't think it would've been worth it. There really weren't that many opportunities for great pictures. Even the take-offs and landings were just from a side angle and were nothing special.
This is my favorite shot that I got at the air show. I took it from afar with my 300mm lens. I've heard that overcast days when colors aren't particularly vibrant are a great chance (and excuse) to convert pictures to black and white, so I tried it with this shot. I decreased the saturation, bumped the contrast a bit, then added iPhoto's "antique" effect.
May 27, 2007
At the Air Show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
This is an amazing shot. You captured the moment very well. You can tell that this pilot has a special connection with that plane.
I'm really glad you like this shot. I think that candid pictures are simply the best way to capture "real" life in a meaningful photograph.
Post a Comment