May 16, 2007

An Attempt at Head Shots


Head Shot 1, originally uploaded by KSWeatherford.

I took this head shot of my friend who needed a picture to send in for his MIT school ID card. There is a whole series of them (just 2 on my flickr page) and I think it turned out pretty nicely.

The one gripe that I have is that for whatever reason, the color temperature on all of them is slightly different. I think it's because iPhoto's "Enhance" tool is pretty wonky, and I might stop using it.

I was worried about what I would have him do to pose, so I looked at professional head shots of actors from the Wicked (the musical) website and thought about what I had to do for my senior picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is it cropped so tightly?

Anonymous said...

Ignore the ignoramus above Keenan. Obviously a photography amateur. A true photographer realizes that the amount of an image that can be captured in one picture is limited by the camera's lens and the zoom capabilities of the camera. One can see that Keenan equipped his widest lens and zoomed out as far as possible, but his friend's head was simply too large to fit in the picture. One would only expect such a large headed person to go to MIT.